--ORIGINAL WORLD WAR II UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, SEWN BAR BROOCH.
--UV NEGATIVE TESTED RIBBON.
The Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal was established on 20 July 1896. The medal was originally a ribbon and medal suspended from a clasp bearing the words "U.S. Marine Corps". The clasp was eliminated after WWII and the medal has remained unchanged in appearance since that time. Since its inception in 1896, the name of the recipient was engraved by hand on the reverse side of the medal until stamping the name on the medal began during World War II (numbered on the rim) and was done completely by 1951.
In 1953, the Marine Corps adopted bronze and silver 3/16-inch service stars to denote additional awards of the Good Conduct Medal, replacing enlistment bars showing each honorable period of service. Since 10 December 1954, members of the Marine Corps must have three consecutive years of honorable and faithful service in order to be eligible for the medal.
The Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal is affectionately nicknamed, "The Good Cookie" by Marines.